We are looking for artists!!!
Are you a Painter? Photographer? Draughtsman? Cartoonist?
A tattooist , MUA (Make Up Artist) or model perhaps?
Are you an Artist?
Would you like to see your work published and also make money from it?
Tango Creation Publishers is now looking for artists who will like to participate and add their artworks to a book collection.
AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY A PENNY!
The theme of the collection is Expressive Glamour & Erotic Art.
Of course we are very aware about the definitions of “erotic” and “glamour”.
So, in order to make the things more clear for the participants let me give you some guidance about the kind of images we are looking at:
Art-nudes, glamour and erotic photos and artworks.
Glamour and erotica does not mean nudes only.
Expression is the key. Not model-portfolio like images.
We are looking for at least 35 images per artist.
We are planning to publish at this stage two books per month. The collection will be separated in to two series: Photography and Artworks. Artworks will include any non photo technique but also digital art. If a photo has lots of retouching it will classified as digital art.
We are going to publish one Photography book and one Artworks book per month.
Regarding the content:
It can have Images only or some words/text too. It will be up to the artists.
They can be colour or B/W or both.
You must send us a link to the images or send us the images by email (low resolution, no more than 1200 pixels on the larger side and 72 DPI). We will tell you if your images are eligible for the collection.
As we know the market that we are going to work with we will act as curators of the collection. Please be sure that we want you to sell the books so we know the kind of images that will be suitable, commercially speaking.
What we offer?
- Full design of your book (It will follow the guidelines of the collection: Premium Paperback, Perfect Bound, Square – 21.59 x 21.59cm, Full-colour, Paper 118 gsm, Gloss Cover Finish, between 40 to 64 pages)
- Your book will be designed to be distributed worldwide through Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Ingram. Also in our sites and affiliates companies.
- Full promotion on Social Media AND Printed Media.
- We also participate in several events. We will promote your book there. We can sell your book at these events too but a separate agreement must be signed.
- You will have total control in order to follow the sales of your book. The percentage of the sales that belongs to you will be transferred automatically to your PayPal account (required).
What we want from you:
- A percentage of the sales.
- An authorization to sell your book for at least 5 years. After that you can keep the book on the collection or retire it.
- An authorization to use the images from the book in order to promote it. Do not worry; we will credit the photos when we use them. To clarify: You will authorize us to sell the book, not the images individually. You are never going to lose the copyright of your images (but the copyright of the book belongs to us).
- One copy of the book will be given to you as a proof, free of charge. Once that copy is approved by you, we will start the distribution process and the promotions. If you want more copies you can order them from us at a discounted price.
The book will be distributed all over the world. Because of this it is very important to understand the legal side of the publishing industry:
Copyrights: (The legal words can be found in our Terms & Conditions for selling books)
The images belong to the author, also text. No copyright will be transferred to the publishers.
The copyright of the book itself (Designs, styles etc.) belongs to the publisher. It means that if in the future you want to re-publish the book again keeping the design, you need our authorization.
Right of sales / making profit from your images:
Up to your situation you need the releases/authorizations in order to publish the book.
The authorization/release needs to specify that you can make profit from the image. A standard model/property release should cover this. In the agreement there is a section that specifies that it is your responsibility and only yours in having the authorizations from the models and places to make profit from the images. As publishers we will not be responsible if a model wants to sue us as we are the publishers only and the author is the responsible person as provider of the images.
This is a guide about who needs authorizations/releases:
If you are a painter, draughtsman or similar, you do not need any authorization or release.
If you are a photographer you need the models release and property release if applicabl
e. If your model has tattoos and there is an important part of the image you should also have the release of the tattooist. If you have images with tattoos but you are not sure if they need a release from the tattooist you can send us a copy and we will tell you. If your images are body-painting related you need also a release from the MUA.
If you are a tattooist or MUA: You need an authorization from the model and from the photographer in order to publish your images (unless you commissioned the photos, in that case the copyright belongs to you and you do not need the release form the photographer but you may need the release from the model, you can contact us if you have any doubt)
If you are a model: You will need the authorization from the photographer in order to use the images. If the images are body-painting related or you are wearing special make-up or hair or important tattoos you should also need authorization from the artists.
About sharing profits:
Can the book have content from different authors?
Let’s say you are a photographer and you want to make a book using the photos of one model only. Or maybe you wan
t to include in the book texts from another author.
In that case you will be able to share your profits with the other authors. When we set-up your account in order to receive the money from the sales we can add more authors and specify the percentage for each of them.
Yes, you can, as an example, tell us that you want to share your profits 50-50% with another author/model, etc.
We need the same information we will ask you to provide to us (including the PayPal account) from the other/s collaborators/authors and we will setup the account in order that you receive the profits automatically.
Are you interested?
Contact me and we can discuss it further, or better make an appointment and come to visit us, I am in Newport. Meetings via Skype are possible too.